Request a FREE COPY of this e-book by calling
416-781-4044 or emailing moc.y1503501901ksfen1503501901@tra1503501901.
Overcome Stage Fright
Scaring Away Stage Fright
Do you suffer from stage fright or performance anxiety? Are you self-conscious during social gatherings or business presentations? Do you tremble at the thought of being in the spotlight?
“Scaring Away Stage Fright” is an insightful and entertaining look at the fears we all face every day. Based on his own edited correspondence with real people, Vocal/Performance Coach Art Nefsky offers 120 pages of comical yet effective anecdotes and practical exercises that demonstrate how we can overcome the shyness, self-consciousness and various levels of stage fright that often stop us from performing our creative best. It also includes intimate conversations with celebrities who disclose their own fears of living in the spotlight including:
- Country legend Mel Tillis’ correspondence with Art, discussing what it feels like to be a singer who stutters.
- Art’s transcribed telephone conversation with Maureen Stapleton, veteran stage actress and star of “Cocoon” and “Airport”, who admits to always “throwing up” between matinee and evening performances and has always accepted stage fright as “part of the job”.
- A telephone interview, where Steve Allen, television icon and author of multiple books including “How To Make A Speech”, mentions that “sometimes, something going wrong can be worked to your advantage”.
- Rachel, a professional singer who quit her career because of her extreme fear of facing a live audience – and her triumphant return to show business.
- Sandi, whose lack of self-confidence leaves her short of breath at the thought of addressing a group of classmates at night school.
- Janet, a 28 year old medical college administrator who is terrified and physically debilitated by her fear of presenting at work.
“I came across Art Nefsky’s book ”Scaring Away Stage Fright” which I downloaded immediately. I can honestly say it was the BEST book I have ever read! It was honest, and it used REAL people with real problems and Art helped them out. Art is a true inspiration. I have worked with my students, teaching ‘Stage Confidence’ and helping them enjoy performing. Not only has he helped me in teaching but I too have gained confidence in TEACHING! Thank you Art Nefsky.”
Jacquii Cann – Singing Teacher/Confidence Coach – UK